Macaroni and Cheese(the original, best ever version)
½ lb of raw elbow macaroni, or other pasta
about 4 cups FRESHLY grated cheddar cheese
1 medium onion, finely chopped
¾ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup cracker crumbs or crushed kettle chips
1 tsp butter
1. Start boiling the pasta. Use butter and grease a casserole dish (about 2 quarts in size). Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
2. Grate the cheese and prep the onion, so that they'll be ready to add about the time the pasta is finished boiling.
3. Strain the macaroni and return to the pot you boiled it in. Then add the cheese, onion, mayo, sour cream, and black pepper, and integrate until well mixed.
4. Pour the mixture into the greased casserole dish and top with crushed crackers or chips, and sprinkle lightly with paprika if desired.
5. Bake for 45 minutes at 350°.
just out of the oven with a crispy kettle chip topping
Post a Comment