Tart Plum Jam
makes about 10 (8oz) jars
about 8 cups of pitted tart plums, skins left on
1 package powdered fruit pectin
about 7 cups white sugar
2 Tbsps orange liqueur (I used Leopolds Brothers)
1. Combine the fruit with a half cup of water and bring to a soft boil, then reduce heat and cook gently until plums are soft. (5-7 minutes)
2. Stir in 2 Tbsps orange liqueur.
3. After the plums are soft, add the pectin and stir with a whisk until dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil.
4. Once at a full boil, add the sugar. It’s best to have the sugar pre-measured into a separate container so you can add it all at once. Then return the mixture to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
5. Ladle the warm/hot jam into sterile jars for canning or the container of your choice. For more info on canning check out the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserves or to process in a simple hot water bath, go here to an older post.
Post a Comment